The MaxSAT Evaluations focus on the evaluation of the current state-of-the-art in open-source solver implementations for the Boolean optimization paradigm of Maximum satisfiability (MaxSAT).
The main goals of the MaxSAT Evaluation series are
- to assess the state of the art in the field of MaxSAT solvers,
- to collect and re-distribute a heterogeneous MaxSAT benchmark set for further scientific evaluations, and
- to promote MaxSAT as a viable option for solving instances of a wide range of NP-hard optimization problems.
Each year, the MaxSAT Evaluations welcome contributes of two types from the community at large:
- New MaxSAT benchmarks encoding instances of interesting NP-hard optimization problems, and
- implementations of MaxSAT solvers that will be evaluated within MSE 2017 on a heterogeneous collection of benchmarks.